Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Dear Eric

I enjoyed reading your thoughtful verses, and from them I have confidence in this that I am posting.

I am not quite sure what you meant when you wrote, ‘I wonder if perhaps it isn’t tragic that an artist like yourself has been turned to work on these matters by evil deeds by evil men.’

One can argue that life is a tragedy, but I won’t. I will make The Case that, the reality that we find ourselves in – however respectively we all will find ourselves in this reality- is at an advantage when our understanding relies upon the sympathetic notion.


It made me smile when you suggested 'certain' things - regarding the book - have made for your ‘sour mood this evening.’ I know from what that feeling arose- so as to the smile which had shown across my face…
And yes, I find it ironic to be pleased by someone else’s discomfort; and whereas promoting it – is to promote the attempt at good form.

As to the question of my paternity; I have no children – save the children for now. You weren’t clear whether you do or do not have children of your own, but if you do - then I hope that you find the challenge - as one should not expect – - I hope that your challenge is great.

You ask if I am clear on what works best.
Presume that I am writing to a brother when you read this, even though I may have mistaken your intent, but what I am clear on is at least this, that:
I must endure what other men have and what you and all other men will - sooner or later!

You say, ‘…because I am not satisfied with the truth, if that’s what no satisfying answer is.’
And I say that this line is beautiful in the ways…like I would find in a romantic young boy unconvinced of his pet gerbil’s escape from the cage; and so for months and even years he continues to search in the cracks for something that has taken on the Image of a gerbil in his mind.

And as a man, he may still think of that episode in childhood, regarding a liberation of sort…


jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home